Thursday, December 28, 2017

Best of 2017 - Top 10 New Comics

Best New Series:
Marvel has two of my top 10 (down from five last year), Image has five (up from two), DC has two.

Four of them are superhero books, down from eight last year, although you could argue for Mage The Hero Denied as well. Rat Queens is humor/fantasy, the others are all harder to quantify. And while none of the books in my top 10 published 12 issues last year, this year X-Men Gold and Injustice 2 managed more than that.
  1. Runaways #1-4
  2. X-Men Gold #1-18
  3. Injustice 2 #1-16
  4. Rat Queens #1-Orc Dave Special
  5. Royal City #1-8
  6. Redneck #1-8
  7. Mage The Hero Denied #0-4
  8. Wild Storm #1-10
  9. Curse Words #1-9
  10. Crosswind #1-5

New Series That Are Too New To Judge:
These series are not quite far enough for me to judge them Best New Series yet, but I really like them all, and I can see any of them making my Best Continuing Series next year. Because I don't think it's fair to compare a single issue or a two- or three-issue run to the more extended runs above, I'm ranking these separately. Last year, none of these wound up on my list and there were about 12 of them. This year there were only 3 on the list. I hope 2018 has more to offer.
  1. Captain America #695-696
  2. Daredevil #595-596
  3. Ninja-k #1-2
  4. Doomsday Clock #1-2

    No comments: